1. WANTAGH WRESTLING The Warriors moved into the No. 1 spot last week and improved to 16-0 in dual-meet action. They clinched the conference dual-meet title and are currently ranked first in the state.
2. SMITHTOWN BOYS BOWLING Gregg Reed (229 average) bowled a 269 in Game 3 of a 711 series, leading Smithtown over Sachem North. The Bulls (10-0) have clinched the League II title and their 1,033 team average is second only to Sachem East.
3. EAST ISLIP GIRLS BOWLING The Redmen continue to roll with an impressive 1,035 team average. Kristina Freitag narrowly missed a 700 series for the second straight match, bowling a 697 as East Islip improved to 9-0 with a win over Central Islip.
4. WARD MELVILLE GIRLS FENCING The Patriots moved to 6-0 and won their 150th straight match, 22-5, against Huntington. Ward Melville now has the fourth-longest winning streak in LI sports history.
5. ST. ANTHONY'S HOCKEY The defending CHSHL champions had outscored their last three opponents by a combined total of 20-1. They battled with Fordham Prep last night looking to continue their coast through the CHSHL.
6. LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN BOYS BASKETBALL The Crusaders continued their ambitious schedule with a game against Academy of the New Church (Bryn Athyn, Pa.) in the Big Apple Classic at Baruch. They'll take a week off and then play East Islip on Jan. 23.
7. CONNETQUOT WRESTLING The Thunderbirds are still making noise in Suffolk II after an impressive team victory at the Smithtown Tournament. Connetquot's Sean McCabe beat former defending state champion Mark West for the second time in three matches. The Thunderbirds beat Northport and West Islip in dual-meet action this week.
8. ST. ANTHONY'S GIRLS BASKETBALL The Friars defeated St. Dominic, 53-22. Shannon White scored 11 points. JoJo Impellizeri had 13 points, 10 rebounds and five steals and Symone Kelly had 13 points and six rebounds in a 54-39 win over Kellenberg.
9. LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN GIRLS BASKETBALL The Crusaders defeated Grand Street Campus, 57-31. Staci Barrett had 15 points and 10 rebounds and Chensu Atali scored 12 points with 11 rebounds. Long Island Lutheran gets a big test against Bishop Ford at the Rose Classic Super Jam.
10. CONNETQUOT/SAYVILLE HOCKEY The team scored the win of the season over previously unbeaten Smithtown on Jan. 9. It's riding a 12-game win streak and has improved upon its league-best goal differential of 120-26.
ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN -- Ward Melville boys fencing, Uniondale boys basketball, Harborfields boys basketball, Sachem East girls basketball, Plainview JFK girls gymnastics, Great Neck South boys swimming.