INSIDE PITCH: THURSDAY SCOREBOARD
NJSIAA State Tournament Brackets released
The NJSIAA state tournament begins on Monday. Check out all the brackets and be sure to bookmark the page to keep along with updates throughout the event.
- Highlights from Morris, Passaic and Mercer County Tournaments
- Interviews with Christian Ferrara of Pompton Lakes and Thomas Colicchio of Delbarton
- Saluting Rutgers Prep's run to Somerset crown
- Digging in to preview Bergen County Tournament quarterfinals.
- Pitchers subject of this week's Hot List
- Reveal this week's Tri-State Top 20
News 12 Varisty Baseball Rankings
WIN OF THE DAY: Ramapo 4, St. Joseph Regional 2
The Raiders (12-11) crept over the .500 for the first time this season with by far their most high-profile victory, clipping the No. 3 team in the News 12 Varsity Tri-State Top 20. KC Hunt stamped a two-out rally that manifested from two walks and an error with a three-run double in the bottom of the second to wipe out a 1-0 deficit. Hunt fanned nine, walked two and yielded five hits over the first five frames to collect the victory. Johnny Medina had two doubles as part of a 3-for-4 effort for St. Joseph (19-3), which had its six-game win streak broken.
PITCHER OF THE DAY: Justin Holderbaum, North Hunterdon
Holderbaum needed just 86 pitches to paint a pretty two-hit shutout powered by eight strikeouts against no walks to spark the Lions to a 2-0 victory over High Point.
HAVE A DAY…Dominick Caccavella, Montville
Caccavella spun a five-inning no-hitter in the Mustangs’ 13-0 shutout of Parsippany but his work was exclusive to the mound. At the plate, he went 3 for 3 with three doubles, three runs scored and four RBI.
- Phil Mahlik of Bernards picked up a pair of singles during a 4-1 loss to Pingry to run his hitting streak to nine straight to the Mountaineers. He’s batting .535 (15 for 28) during the tear.
- Ryan Flynn grabbed a single and scored a run as East Brunswick bounced back from a loss to Monroe in the GMC Tournament quarterfinals to drop Iselin Kennedy, 6-1. The knock extended his hitting streak to 10, a span in which he’s hitting .526 (20 for 38).